Monday, March 19, 2012

Tilt Table Tests and Other Crap: Part One (Tests and Doctor Hopping)

Sometimes I feel like God wants me in the medical field soo bad, that he's gonna make me have to go back over and over until I learn the art from simple osmosis. I can't seem to get away from it ( no matter how hard I try) and I find it frustrating that most of the people who work in these institutions seem clueless to things I see as common sense!
I mean WTF!
You may be able to get through medical school but what part of the educational process teaches you to stop listening and seeing the obvious.

As far as this table test I was supposed to have done, well it turned out that the goal of the test was to make me pass out so they can see what happens to my heart when I do...
But guess what... I didn't fucking pass out.
By the time the tilt table test appointment arrived, my dizzy spells were hardly happening, so I knew this was gonna be a pointless test.
Funny part is, though the test was obviously negative they said I could still have this issue where the blood from my legs rushes to fast back to my heart causing the dizzy spells.
So then what was the point of the who point of me having this test??

After my doctor got the results, I made a followup appointment to see her and once again when I went in for my pre-appointments vitals, the nurse asked me why my heart was beating so fast. As if I were living in the movie Groundhog Day, I had but one answer...the same answer I've said doesns of times..."I have no idea"...
When I brought that up to the doctor, she looked at my chart and noticed I was right. So she told me she wanted me to see a cardiologist to see if he can figure out whats going on with my heart. It was then that something occurred to me. I asked her if my high heart rate and the increase in sweating could be related? After a long pause she said it was possible but couldn't give me an answer..."When you see the cardiologist , ask him" was all she could say.

A few days later saw my rheumatologist for my regular check-up and again my heart rate was high, but otherwise all seemed fine. I told her about the dizzy spells and the scary moment of almost passing out. She was concerned and agreed that I should see a cardiologist just to make absolutely sure my heart was fine.
Seeing her reminded me to ask another question that I had been wondering about. I asked if all of this could be a result of the recent increase in my Savella medication. She told me it was possible, but to let the cardiologist determine that and to make sure I let her know right away.

So now after all that...it was time to make this important appointment to see the cardiologist.
I wont lie...thinking that something could be going sideways with my heart scares me, especially now that I'm so much more active and truly living my life again. I have a family history on both sides involving heart issues, so this is a legitimate scare for me even though I am so young. But I rather know then not know and I rather not risk something worse happening.
So I will bite that bullet and see the cardiologist....

(Coming up "Tilt Table Tests and Other Crap: Part Two (Cool Heart Dr. and Again Stuff I Already Knew")
(Photo above is of the masks that doctors used to wear to protect them from airborne diseases, namely and most famously "The Plague". By IceDrake79 , Photobucket, and is directly linked)


No comments:

Post a Comment